martes, 31 de mayo de 2011

DESCRIPTION OF 6 PHOTOS:


1.    1.RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
As we are talking about religion, praying is really important for every single religion. Each has a different way of praying.
According to the book this is important because when Pi prayed he said his prayer helped him remember that the earth was the creation of God and sacred at the same time.  (Life of Pi, page 76)
This relates to my life, because as a catholic, for me and my family, it is very important to pray and go to the church every Sunday.

2. .RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
Baptism is mentioned in the book. This is well reflected when Pi describes his own baptism. In the description it is clear that it has many elements that make it a complete and important ritual. (Life of Pi, page 77) 
As a catholic, baptism is one of the sacraments I need to have for becoming god’s child. Therefore, I believe in this and I have already baptized.



3. .RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
Nature is one of the most important things for Hinduism. This is represented in Brahman as the book says: “Brahman expressed not only in Gods but in humans, animals, trees, in a hand full of earth, for everything has a trace of the divine in it.”(Life of Pi, page 48)
This relates to my life, because I love nature and I think it need to become important for all of us.



4.   .RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:

“In this trouble times it’s good to see a boy so keen on God. We all agree on that. But he can’t be a Hindu, a Christian or a Muslim, it is impossible. He must choose.”(Life of Pi, page 69)
This photo is relevant, because according to the book there is confusion about what religion to follow. We are told to follow just one religion because we cannot mix them and also we cannot believe in all of them at the same time.
This is relevant to my life, because I understand the feeling he had when choosing a religion. For we all teenagers, it is difficult to understand why we should choose one religion and the reason why.
5.    .RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
“Things didn’t turn out the way they were supposed to, but what can you do? You must take the way it comes at you and make the best of it.”(Life of Pi, page 91)
This image is relevant, because having passed through many difficult times; Pi gives up and tries to accept his reality. You could take advantage of everything in life even if you don’t like it. 
In my life I take advantage of all the situations and experiences I have the opportunity to do or to take, because I am aware it is going to be what we call experience for life.
6.    .RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
“If I walked by him without seeing him he would be hurt. He would think I had changed my mind and didn’t want to be seen with a poor Muslim baker.”(Life of Pi, page 80-81)
Discrimination of religion is a really big issue nowadays. According to the book Pi doesn’t want to be seen as a disrespectful person. Maybe he doesn’t agree with religion discrimination. It is important to respect people’s beliefs and not to make fun of them.
Something that really concerns me is religion discrimination. It is unbelievable that people are dying because of religion, when the only thing god cares about is loving him and loving each other.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario