martes, 7 de junio de 2011

DESCRIPTION OF 6 PHOTOS PART 2:



1.    RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:

This photo is really important. Pi´s love for animals was such, that they were really important for him. That’s why he suffered too much when they all died.
Animals become such an important part of our lives, which we give to them human names a treat them as if they were kids or babies.
 According to the book, the tiger Richard Parker was so named, because of clerical error. (Life of Pi, page 132).
In my opinion, this photo and this quote are important because they represent the love that I have for my cat “Manchas”. He is also treated as a member of my family.
2. RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
This photo has a clear relation with the book, because one of Pi´s passions is animals. He loved his animals and took care of them, that’s why he suffered when all the animals died. However he was scared of been eaten by Richard Parker. (Life of Pi, page 109)
In my opinion, Pi didn’t kill Richard Parker, not only because he was scared but he had respect for animals as I do.
.


 3. RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
This photo is taken from my house. This is relevant with the book because we tend to admire every single thing that surrounds us and compare it with things that are important for us. For example, when Pi was in the lifeguard boat, he remembered the Hindu story about Markandeya.(Life of Pi, page 177)
 When admiring and comparing our surroundings, we remember things or meaningful and important moments in our life. That’s what happens to me when I look at this photo; I remember the last vacation I spent with my grandfather.
4. RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
This is important and it is related to the book because Pi couldn´t sleep well because of fear. He didn’t sleep because he thought Richard Parker was going to attack him.(Life of Pi, page 186)
In my opinion, negative feelings such as fear, sadness, depression, etc, don’t let us sleep well because we are really concerned about the situation or problem we are living.
5. RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
In chapter 69 Pi remembers all his family, and his hope to be rescued rises when he sees lights on the horizon. (Life of Pi, page 199-200).
There are something in life that make you remember people, situations or as in Pi´s case, feelings. I feel identified with this because I have experienced this several times.


6. RELEVANCE BETWEEN THE PHOTO AND THE BOOK:
This photo is relevant to the book, because by performing  Pi tried to turn to God so that he could help him by carrying some rituals, but he doubted of God help at the same time.
I understand Pi´s position, because in sometimes I also ask God for help and doubt about it, unfortunately when we are passing through difficult times our faith becomes weak.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario