martes, 7 de junio de 2011

Life of Pi - part 2:

 Description of 6 images:


1. DESCRIPTION:
This image represents the non-physical of suffering. The one that comes from the soul and not from the body.
The feeling that shows this suffering is loneliness. Therefore in this image we can see a girl sitting by the sea alone.
HOW IT RELATES TO THE BOOK?
“I was not wounded in any part of my body, but I had never experienced such intense pain, such a ripping of the nerves, such an ache of heart.”(Life of Pi, page 98)
This image represents the pain that Pi was suffering in the middle of the sea, and the indescribable feeling he was experiencing.
I feel identify with this quote, because I experienced the same feeling when I went to San Francisco on my own. The pressure I felt when I have to communicate and survive in a place I didn’t know.
2. DESCRIPTION:
In this image we can see the amazing picture nature shows us at dawn. We can see many different colors and we can even experience a new feeling or emotion.
 HOW IT RELATES TO THE BOOK?
“Nature can put on a thrilling show. The stage is vast, the lighting is dramatic, the extras are innumerable, and the budget for special effects is absolutely unlimited.” (Life of Pi, page 102)
This image is related to the book, because it represents in a better way Pi´s thoughts when looking at dawn. That indescribable emotion we can not put together in a few words.
This image is related to my life because I think nature gives us the best gifts, and the best things we might be surprised by. The best pictures are in nature and not in galleries.

3. DESCRIPTION:
In this image we can see the expression “Don’t give up” written on board. It doesn’t need many pictures, colors or ornaments to express what it represents to.
HOW IT RELATES TO THE BOOK?
“Had I considered my prospects in the light of reason, I surely would have given up and let go of the oar, hopping that I might drawn before being eaten.” (Life of Pi, page 107)
It relates to the book because Pi was thinking about giving up and seeing what would happen to him.  At last he decided to struggle and not give up, but gerund his trip.
Every day in life we have problems to overcome.
I feel indentified with this idea, because for me it is better to do your best, fight and feel the satisfaction of having done and having obtained what you wanted by your own hands.

4. DESCRIPTION:
In this image we can see two people arguing or fighting.
Their heads are really big, because they are irritated.
HOW IT RELATES TO THE BOOK?
“Fear and reason fought over the answer. Fear said yes. [ …] Reason said no.” (Life of Pi, page 108)
This relates to the book, because Pi was confused when he wanted to decide what to do. It is relevant because this decision was crucial for knowing if he would die or survive.
This is connected to my life, because I´ve felt the same way as Pi. There is a point in your life, in which you don’t know what to follow, fear, or do perhaps. You feel confused and it is not easy to make a decision when i feel this way.
5. DESCRIPTION:
In this image, there is a girl standing alone by the river. However, there is an angel behind her who is taking care of her. This image represents that we are never alone.
HOW IT RELATES TO THE BOOK?
“I was certain I wasn’t alone” (Life of Pi, page 112) 
This is related to the book, because when Pi lost all his family, he didn´t feel alone. He felt the animals and his family presence still remained.
I feel connected with this image, because we all have an angel or angels who take care of us in difficult times. They never leave us alone.
                          
6. DESCRIPTION:
This image shows a tiger chasing its prey. This is necessary for survival. If the tiger doesn’t eat, then he will die.
HOW IT RELATES TO THE BOOK?
“The battle for life was taking place there too. The night passed, minute by slow minute.” (Life of Pi, page 119)
It is related to the book because survival was the most important thing for both, Pi and Richard Parker. That is the battle of life. As Pi was scared, he had to survive until a rescue ship appeared.
This is related to my life, because I am conscious that we all need to survive. Whether we like the way in which we try to survive or not. It is still necessary. This makes me think when I went to a town, they showed me they in which out rabbit’s fur. When they did so, rabbits were still alive.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario